Little Sisters of the Poor
FROM 1886 TO THE PRESENT DAY
Founded by St. Jeanne Jugan in 1839 in Britanny, France, to care for the elderly poor, the Little Sisters of the Poor came to Jersey in 1886. In 1887 the Little Sisters moved from the temporary Home called "The Terrace" to the present site, then known as "Hautville".
The former building was demolished and the present building was completed in 1982
The Home offers residential accommodation with nursing for seventy six residents.
There are also twenty sheltered housing flats.
THE CARING TEAM
The Little Sisters are aided by members of the Association Jeanne Jugan, Nurses, Carers, Housekeepers, Catering staff, Laundry and Linen Room staff, maintenance and administration personnel. Together with the local clergy, volunteers and members of the Residents' families we all work to achieve the 'Aims and Objectives' outlined in the Guidelines, "Welcome to Our Home", and that Quality of Life is assured to every Resident.< Return to list